Aerobic Gymnastics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aerobic Gymnastics

The Aerobic Gymnastics Forum - red hot chili opinions from the aerobic's world!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Gymnast of May 2009
Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Gymnas11
Latest topics
» Leotrad for men
Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:20 am by fajargymnast

» Music for Aerobic Gymnastic
Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:22 am by fajargymnast

» How to learn L-Support
Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:18 pm by jorge

» Female athlet of the year 2008
Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:23 pm by jorge

» 2009 European Championships
Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:44 pm by jorge

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline

Go down 
+7
Kate
sandras
Evelyn Pinheiro
Didi
joxuajohnes
Desi
robert
11 posters
AuthorMessage
robert
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Empty
PostSubject: Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi Everybody, was wondering what do you all think Aerobic Gymnastics needs to become an Olympic discipline? Is it routines, politics, more TV or anything else. Please, share your opinions, give sugestions. Would be really interesting to know:)
Back to top Go down
Desi
Beginner
Beginner
Desi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:12 am

Hi everyone!
For me this topic is really very interesting ,because in fact I can't get the real reason why Aerobic gymnastics is not
in the Olympic family Question Is there anyone who can help me with the answer? Please...
Back to top Go down
joxuajohnes
Beginner
Beginner
joxuajohnes

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: aerobic gymnastis in olympic games   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:16 am

i think probably its politics... because in some countrys the aerobics is showed in television, when there are competitions.. for code of points only i know the TC is working to get a COP adecuated to the olympics... but the reazon for the ollympic commite doesn't admit the gymnastics is because some routines are a show, and not a sport...they want a mmmm a tangent reazon to define the places of medals, and easy way to find the winner.. in aerobic gymnastics the artistic is a little bit subjetive, every judge think different. that's a powerfull reazon why the olympic commite doesn't admit the Aerobic in olympics.. and one of the big steps of the TC is the incluision of IRICOS in the competitions, for rest the subjetive work, and analyse the elements, but we are in a very long way.

But i hope aerobic gymnastis will be Olympic.
Back to top Go down
Didi
Beginner
Beginner
Didi

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 3:06 am

Does somebody know why we are still waiting for Olympic family Idea Because of our rules??? Because of our world level competitors and events (may be they aren’t good enough for FIG). Because of the fact we are too young sport??? Or… because of the politics?
I’m not sure we’ll be in the Olympic family soon….
…and I hope of course Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Pinheiro
Beginner
Beginner
Evelyn Pinheiro

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 8:47 am

to joxuajohnes :]

Hm.. What are "IRICOS"? Oo'

And about that thing..
Quote :
"but the reazon for the ollympic commite doesn't admit the gymnastics is because some routines are a show, and not a sport..."

What do you tell me about Figure skating and Rhythmic gymnastics? I reaaally think that these two sports are much more artistic than aerobic, don't you agree? And both are already performed in the olympics..

I don't know what's the real reason, but I don't think it's because our "artistic criteria".. It's just my opinion, I might be wrong.. =/

In my opinion, It will be very stunning seeing aerobics on tv in the olympics, people all over the world would be amazed with it! Aerobics could become much more popular. *-*

Last edited by Evelyn Pinheiro on Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I've made some mistakes writing =x)
Back to top Go down
http://evelynpinheiro.blogspot.com
joxuajohnes
Beginner
Beginner
joxuajohnes

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: to evelyn   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:17 pm

the IRICOS its a video system who record all the routines, and the judges can whatch mistakes in some skills... it records i think from 3 diferent points... front, lateral and up...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Pinheiro
Beginner
Beginner
Evelyn Pinheiro

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 7:16 pm

nice.. :]
I didn't know that's the name.. Razz
sorry, and thank you for the explanation. ^^

=*
Back to top Go down
http://evelynpinheiro.blogspot.com
sandras
Intermediate
Intermediate
sandras

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:19 am

I don't think aerobic gymnastics will be Olympic sport soon. Sorry people but I think maybe in 2016 or 2020 Drunk
Back to top Go down
Kate

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:58 am

Hi There!

There are several reasons why we are still waiting to be in the Olimpics:
1. We need to reach a certain number of nations, who compete in aerobics (maybe 100 countries, but I am not sure.)
2. FIG has already 4 disciplines in the Olympics ( men & women gymnastics, rythmics, trambuline). The IOC suggests FIG to decide itself which disciplines to keep or take out from the Olympic games. Therefore FIG internal politics is much harder than any other party. FIG disciplines have to fight among themselfes which discipline to be in Olympics. It is a great disadvantage in the FIG family.
3. Yes, aerobic is a bit of a SHOW, therefore it has some difficulties to be eligible as a true sport. But this is the main point! It is a show, so it can be easily marketable for media and for sponsors, but it takes time until FIG will figure this out!

Finally, the fastest way to be in the Olympics is, if the organisers would choose aerobic to be intorduced to the Olympic games. (Every organizer country has the right to introduce a sport in the Games.) - If Paris would have won the 2012 Games we would have had a great chance to be in the Olympics. In London... I dont think so...

In any case promote and support the sport so we will make it happen to be in Olympics!

Have a great day! flower
Back to top Go down
Antony
Beginner
Beginner
Antony

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:13 am

Can I say something ,without affect someone???
Sorry about but aerobic sport is not anymore show.... aerobic sport become the most borring discpiline in gymnastic family.... so think this is not the right reason!
Think that the reasons are in the politics of FIG and we will never understand it!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Aerogirl

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: ...   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:08 pm

i agree with Atony and someone else on there - not too sure who. FIG is making aerobics more boring and less "show" like, but still there is no movement. No Atleast if we keep it fun and somehow get more media recognition it could capture an audience and we can make the sport grow. Its not going to grow at any decent rate because 1. It gets no recognition by the media, therefore even if you do do well your not going to be well known. If you win worlds in aerobics ur lucky to get a peice in the newspaper. You win in any other sport (not all) you are on the news and people know who you are. Surprised 2. Because of above, who actually sees aerobics? most people are introduced through friends (my experience).

I dont think it will be an olympic sport anytime soon, wish it would be. If FIG and FISAF somehow combine it might have more of a chance. All other olympic sports dont have two codes. I thnk FIG need to loosen up on the politics in aerobics too which should help.

I think that should take out trampoline or rythmic Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cidlover
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:20 am

We do have to consider a couple things here. The IOC does not bow down to the FIG, and the IOC has the ultimate authority to add aerobic gymnastics into the Olympics.

The 2008 Olympics had over 11,000 participants, and that's even more than the IOC wants to have. They can't just add new sports and disciplines, because they have to limit the amount of athletes.

The only way aerobic gymnastics could get into the Olympics is if one of the disciplines is taken out. Since gymnastics is all one sport, only the FIG can take out a discipline. The FIG will never take out rhythmic gymnastics. Rhythmic gymnasts are their only reliable spokespeople for Longines. Artistic gymnasts just retire too early. As for trampoline, I don't think they would take that out too.

What aerobic gymnastics has that it can offer is that it is the most global discipline. Aerobic gymnastics continually gets medalists from every continent except Africa, and no other discipline can claim that.
Back to top Go down
nrbidoc76

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: letter for olympic   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:29 pm

I wrote a letter, with a very good description of the aerobic gymnastics (history, deployment, categories, multifariousnesses, age groups etc...) attached a list with names and signatures, where the olympic players should signate for the aerobic becoming olympic! I think it is a good idea to send after the collecting of the signatures to the olympic committee and it would be much better if it would be done by more countries!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline   Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerobic Gymnastics Olympic Discipline
Page 1 of 1