Aerobic Gymnastics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aerobic Gymnastics

The Aerobic Gymnastics Forum - red hot chili opinions from the aerobic's world!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Gymnast of May 2009
How to learn L-Support Gymnas11
Latest topics
» Leotrad for men
How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:20 am by fajargymnast

» Music for Aerobic Gymnastic
How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:22 am by fajargymnast

» How to learn L-Support
How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:18 pm by jorge

» Female athlet of the year 2008
How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:23 pm by jorge

» 2009 European Championships
How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:44 pm by jorge

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How to learn L-Support

Go down 
+2
katy
MrGermany
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MrGermany
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-22

How to learn L-Support Empty
PostSubject: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:32 am

Maybe the question might sound easy, but I don't have support of a coach. So I have to figure out everything by my own. Actualy I try to improve my L-Support. Can anyone give me some hints how to work out? I know how the result shall look like, but I don't knwo the way....
Back to top Go down
katy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:58 am

you need to get your legs as high as you can in l- support so when you turn you dont touch. in our club we try to get your legs in l- supports up to your elbows with a straight-ish back.
hope this helps Smile xx
Back to top Go down
MrGermany
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:50 am

Hi kathy
thanks for your fast answer. To be honest, that does not help much. I'm far away from trying a turn. My actual problem is, that I can lift only one leg. How can I improve to lift both legs? How do you work out to bring the legs up or higher? Any special exercises?

Thomas
Back to top Go down
katy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:06 am

no problem Razz
when you do l- support make sure that your centre of mass isnt too far forwards as this wont be helping
keep trying the element as this will help as well as the conditioning

work on your core strength- stomach by sit ups or v-sits or dish rocks
for your hips/legs - sit on the floor in L shape and raise your legs one at a time X15 on each 3 times - or something like this
position your hands half way between your hips and your knees as when you do turn it is easier
katy xx
Back to top Go down
Antony
Beginner
Beginner
Antony

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:27 am

Excuse me but ... you must be kidding me Shocked

Do you really think you can learn L-support, reading the posts here?
When you start with aerobic gymnastic and why you choose it?
How old are you?

I'm sure that in Germany there are many aerobic clubs where can tell you more about the basics in aerobic and help you.
Also there are books with theory of artistic gymnastic where the elements are expained very well.

Just sorry man, but your questions sounds totally unserious and you amazed me! Shocked
Back to top Go down
MrGermany
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:15 am

He Antony

sorry, how can a question be unserious?
Thanks to kathy gave the answer I'm looking for, she understood my needs.

I don't know where you take your information from, but in a 100km circle there is no aerobic-club. So I'm on my own.

I'm looking forward to get a lot of hints like these from kathy and will not continue a discussion about sence or nosence.
Back to top Go down
Antony
Beginner
Beginner
Antony

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:28 am

Look man, I didn't want to be rude, but learning some elements you'll need a coach, you'll need special preparation and etc.

About the aerobic club will tell you that I'm training about 120km with car from home, but I live in huge country and this is not a problem, otherwise there are many competition where you can meet people who practise aerobic and answer of your questions - Germany national competition, regional competition...

That's why I was asking you, how old are you, becuase I didn't get it.
You can write here wherever you want, don't stop because of my not understanding.

And also I answered of your question somehow - books kind a Theory of artistic gymnastic will give you direction - the base is always gymnastics.

To tell you - "make 15x3 with one leg and 10x3 from that..." sound stupid, it is so individual, depends from the physical condition, about the preparation, not to make some injury and etc.
And the other thing - you said you need leotard for competition - why is that, when you are learning L-support right now?

Wish you luck man, I was confuse becuase didn't expect such a question here, that's all.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Streeter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:50 am

If you can only do it with one leg, trying to hold that leg up for as long as you can, and making sure to work both legs evenly is a good way to go.
You could try L suport from a raised surface so your rear is higher and your legs dont have to get to horizontal to get off the ground - then as your strenght improves you can raise them more each time.
If you have tight hamstrings or tight lower back it will be harder to acheive l support.
Back to top Go down
ThePrincess
Beginner
Beginner
ThePrincess

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:11 am

Maybe we must make a new section about -
Methods of learning elements,basic information for beginners shared between coaches and competitors. study
Back to top Go down
MrGermany
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:07 am

kathy and streeter, thanks for all your hints. Sitting on a bar with the hands in teh mentiond position I'm able to lift up without any problem both legs any me for a few seconds. The best proposal was to sit on a bar! Now I try to improve and will come up with questions to start with V support ;-)
Back to top Go down
jorge

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:18 pm

ThePrincess wrote:
Maybe we must make a new section about -
Methods of learning elements,basic information for beginners shared between coaches and competitors. study

is a good idea The princess , i like it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to learn L-Support   How to learn L-Support Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to learn L-Support
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aerobic Gymnastics :: Aerobic Gymnastics :: Others-
Jump to: